Brilliant young Canadian pianist Glenn Gould soaking his hands in sink to limber up his fingers by starting w. lukewarm & gradually raising temperature to hot before performing at Columbia Recording studio.
In this photo: Glenn Gould
Photo: Gordon Parks./Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
Mar 01, 1956

__________

This photograph means a lot to me. When I was a child I ripped it out of a library book (I know, terrible) but kept it for years, probably now about fifteen in total. I felt at the time that I was not only captivated by the position of Gould nor the fact that he was obviously handsome, but by the simple fact that he exuded a certain grace in contrast with his background. He appears refined and simple yet his face tells of complexities the viewer can never know.

0 £:

Post a Comment